Click image to see a video demonstration of a of an Lateral Projection of the Hip.
This module is ideal for practice or introduction to all ‘cross-table’ projections including:.
- Cervical Spine Lateral.
- AXR Decubitus Projections.
- Lumbar Spine Lateral.
- Lateral Neck of Femur.
- Horizontal Beam Lateral Knee.
The cassette can be placed either in or out of the bucky. The patient is female.
- patient translation, to the left and right.
- positioning of patient to required object image distance.
- patient rotation in the axial plane through 360deg to allow AP, PA.
- Lateral and any oblique position required.
- translation of the x-ray tube (central ray) left, right, up and down.
- positioning of x-ray tube to the required Source Image Distance, from 50cm to 300cm.
- x-ray tube (central ray) angulation.
- cassette translation left, right, up and down (out of bucky).
- cassette size choice (35x43, 30x40, 24x30, 18x24).
- cassette orientation (rotation through 360degrees in and out of bucky).
- Selection of kVp and mAs.
- Dose Area Product Reading.
- Image review and archival.